Office hours:Spring 2021, by appointment
- “William Apess and the Nullification of Settler Law,” Early American Literature 55.3 (Fall 2020), 753-779.
- “The Desire for Fact: Anti-Racist Ethics in Discourses of Sexual Violence,” Criticism 60.4 (Fall 2018), 511-531.
- “Breathing Material: Cassils and Xandra Ibarra in Los Angeles,” Women and Performance: a journal of feminist theory, 27:1, 137-141.
- with Keahi Coria, UHM undergraduate English major, "We Are Not American: Teaching and Learning the 19th Century from Hawaiʻi" Insurrect! Radical Thinking in Early American Studies, February 2021
- "Settler Fantasies: Televised," Public Books, August 2020
- Contributor to "Reflections on the Crisis at Hand" Roundtable, Insurrect! Radical Thinking in Early American Studies, Summer 2020
- "Let's take a moment to appreciate Natalie Diaz's Twitter Cocktails...", Lit Hub, August 2020
Areas of Interest
- American literature pre-1900
- Black studies & literatures
- Indigenous studies & literatures
- Queer studies
- Decolonization & Abolition
EducationPhD, English UC Riverside 2020
Spring Semester 2021
- ENG-272: Intro to Lit: Culture & Lit (Pop Culture as Literature)
- ENG-336: American Lit to Mid-19th C
Fall Semester 2020
- ENG-270: Intro to Lit: Literary History
- ENG-337: Am Lit Mid-19th to Mid-20th C