Our department offers a wide range of classes at both the undergraduate and graduate level that deal with the complex intersection of language, culture, power, and politics. The region of Asia/Pacific in which we are located provides the focus for many of these classes.
Courses that may take a cultural studies approach include, but are not limited to:
- ENG 371: Literature of the Pacific
- ENG 374: Race, Ethnicity, and Literature
- ENG 381: Popular Literature
- ENG 382: Gender, Sexuality, and Literature
- ENG 383: Children’s Literature
- ENG 384: Literature & Technology