In this workshop course you will learn about the craft and technique of writing poetry and fiction by analyzing published writing as well as your own work and that of your peers. This course will develop your skills as a creative writer and will allow you to build the critical vocabulary necessary for productive workshops.
Poetry and fiction reader (will be available at a copy shop or online, TBA)
- 2 poems and 1 short story
- Final portfolio (revised poems and story, plus additional writing exercises)
- Participation, including attendance
- Written critiques for workshop
- Discussion leading
- Reading responses/writing exercises