This course will build on what you learned in English 100 and further prepare you for the demands of college writing and beyond. By the end of the course, you will understand how writing is shaped by various purposes, audiences, and contexts. You will also improve on your research skills, becoming more proficient at locating and evaluating information to share with your readers.
Because argumentative writing is so common in both academic conversations and public discourse, you will devote a considerable amount of effort to analyzing, researching, and writing arguments of various types. Your major writing assignments will typically focus on an issue of your choice.
- Two short papers (approximately five pages each)
- One longer paper (approximately ten pages)
- Regular supplemental assignments and readings to support your progress on your formal writing projects.
You will need:
- Daily access to a computer.
- A printer or printing services.
There are no textbooks assigned for this course.
The above information is subject to change. For questions about the course, please email the instructor at email@example.com